Sunday, January 13, 2008

Yee-haw!

Today, I am highlighting Olivia and Ava for a funny reason. Here is the story: Ava has decided she wants to be a "bowboy" (translation: cowboy). So for Christmas, she and her sister got cowboy hats and boots, dolls and strollers. After gifts were opened, they went outside to push their strollers up and down the sidewalk. They would begin at one end and push their strollers as fast as they could go, shouting "Yee-haw!" They would turn around and come back just as excited. This went on for probably 20 trips. I wish I had gotten a picture of their behinds. Ava was pretty normal, but Olivia's behind looked like she had been sitting a horse all day - wide and flat. (I guess they were bowboy baby dolls.)


While searching for the two pictures above on Judy's Mac, I found that she had taken a picture of Kari and Stephanie playing our new piano. I was surprised, and I treasure these pictures very, very much. I have talented daughters in many ways: great wives and moms, great school teachers, and great singers and pianists. All four of us play the piano, but each has a very different style of playing. Anywhere in the house, I can listen and tell you who is playing.
Oh! and be sure to see Papa making pancakes for his little ones (click on the underlined words).


No comments: