Thursday, January 31, 2008

I am making progress!

Yea!! I have some really good news today. I have finished writing 2 pamphlets. One is about healing and the other is about worship. Judy is just finishing up the final 3-fold of healing. I should see a printed copy today. The other is out of my hands and has been delivered to her for getting it print-ready. She told me she can only do one a week. Yeah, right! Like I could produce one a week. These things take lots of research, then writing. THEN you edit, edit, edit. I have re-read and re-written sentences, opting for a better word, a better sentence, a better way to express. Whew! And then Judy edits, or I should say bleeds all over it. But when we are both satisfied, we are very happy about the results. It is amazing how we argue and tussle over a word, sometimes. Yesterday, on the way to church, we really tugged and tugged over the word "sedan". The sentence spoke of the "family sedan." She thinks of sedan as an old, outdated car. Of course, I don't. So the struggle commenced. Even though I felt secure about the word, I finally changed it to "car". I didn't want even one other person to stumble over that word and miss the greater point.

I have also been gathering info for the book, Victory Ground. Right now, I am going through 35 years of sermons, finding those ideas and concepts that I want to include in the book. This book is a lifetime of experience for me. So right now, I am categorizing all my sermons from 1971 to present. They are divided by church (Southwest, ALF, GVT), then by books of the Bible, then by chapters and verses. I am half-way through the New Testament for ALF. That is the largest section, since I was there for 23 years. Then 1 year's worth at GVT, and I am ready.

Here is an example. I found a sermon I had preached on Imagination. As I looked through it (and I don't look at each sermon, but some the Lord draws my attention to), I realized that imagination has a lot to do with Victory Ground. So I laid it in the VG pile, and am presently thinking it might be a whole chapter.

Please continue to pray for me as I tackle this great mountain. The Lord is good to me! I am blessed beyond measure, and I am happy to think that he trusts me to write this book.

No comments: