Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Family Pictures...as promised

The Saturday after Christmas, all of our family was here with us. We made an appointment to have family pictures made, and this is the results. Behind us on the right are Jim and Kari and Olivia, with Ava on Judy's lap. Behind us on the left are Jeff and Stephanie, with Caitlyn on my lap and Brent on Judy's lap.

Next is the cause of all of this -- Gary and Judy. I keep getting older and she keeps getting younger. I don't really understand that dynamic at all.

This is my favorite picture -- Judy and me with the grandchildren. Stephanie's Caitlyn (3 yrs.) and Brent (3 months) on Judy's lap. Kari's Olivia (4 yrs.) and Ava (3 yrs.) on my lap. Notice that Olivia is pointing up at me, saying that I am the best! (Too bad, Mimi.)

These two lovely girls are Kari's darlings. Their personalities are so distinct. And they play together so very well, each looking out for the other. When commercials come on TV, Olivia often says, "I need that." While she is at pre-school, Ava is home watching TV, and sometimes she will tell her mother, "Sissy needs that," with certain commercials.

I love this pose of Stephanie's children! Caitlyn tries to be a really good sister to Brent. A little rough sometimes, but her heart is good -- and she is only 3. What can we expect? She is a lover and a hugger.

Now the families in their individual poses. This one with the girls on Jim's back is so true, and will only get more so as the years go on. These girls really know how to work their daddy. And he is such a good daddy, too. This picture might be more prophetic than he knows.

Last , but not least, the Jeff and Stephanie bunch. Jeff is such a strong husband and father. He has a real appreciation of the good values of life, and he works hard with Stephanie to produce those values in Caitlyn, and now Brent. I am so pleased with Stephanie's choice of a mate, it truly was God-ordered. I can say that about Jim and Kari, as well. Judy and I are blessed with our families. Now we are just enjoying praying for them and watching our babies grow up.

No comments: