Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My daughters

I love it when my daughters make me proud. (I am sure they love it when their dad makes them proud, too.) They are such good mothers, with good children (I used to say girls or daughters, but Brent kind of messed that up. Doesn't seem right to say boy and girls, so...children wins out.) Right now they are both going through the torture of potty training their older child. One is 4 and the other is 3. Not having done it before, they have also gone through their own personal humiliations, second-guessing, disappointments, and sense of failure. But it is all about perseverance, isn't it? It makes me proud to see and hear how they depend so heavily on Jesus (cf. Stephanie's comments). You wonder if you trained them right, then you hear and see in their lives that they did catch it. Oh, good!

Each one of them married different men than I would have chosen for them - at first. But even that choice has shown how God has directed their lives, and given them the right men to make them whole. Jim and Jeff (How close is that? And do you think I accidentally get them married to the wrong person?) are such good husbands and fathers, so different from each other, but so right for my girls. What fun and joy to sit back and watch all their lives develop. And I get to pray for them, and sometimes about them. I am blessed.

Today, I plan to write the closing paragraph of my tract on Worship. I will proof it and do some re-writes. Then Judy will put it into format for printing. I have told her what I want on the front, and she agreed it would be good. Then...it is on to the book about Victory Ground. Pray for me.

No comments: