Friday, January 11, 2008

Show me now thy way!

In Exodus 33:13, Moses prayed, "Show me now thy way that I may know thee." Many years ago, I made that my life scripture, and my most common, daily prayer. I am not satisfied to see the works of the Lord, although that is a great thing, and I do want to see those. But even more so, I want to know His ways. The Psalmist said that he showed his works to the children of Israel, and made known his ways to Moses. I figure that, if I know his ways, I can understand better what is happening in my life.

I do know that he is constantly reducing me to the level of the Holy Spirit in my life. All of us get to going in our own steam and knowledge and plans, etc. So he must reduce us, otherwise we are a dam and not a waterfall. People are so desperate for the water (read: life) of the Holy Spirit, and we are reservoirs that constantly need to be giving, not holding back.

Just yesterday, I was able to witness the ways of God in a friend's life! It is so awesome, and so rewarding, to see not only his works, but to know his ways.

I do love the Lord, and I do love being a water spigot for the Holy Spirit in other people's lives. Thank you, Lord!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you and your family. I know God has something very special in store. Love you all, Kimberly