Saturday, January 26, 2008

Fun Breakfast Times

No pictures today. And I need to clear up one thing. On Wednesday, I said that I expected to finish up the last paragraph of my writing on Worship and then leave it with Judy to put it into pamphlet format. Well, I did; but now I need to do some re-writing. However, I finished the shorter tract on Healing! So I have accomplished one of the three writing goals I have before me. Yea!!

Now, to the title of my blog. Last Saturday, we invited some dear friends for breakfast. Joe and Debbie came about 9:30am. After breakfast we leisurely visited until about 2-3pm. We laughed and shared the good things of God, we peered into the future, prayed together. What fun!

Today, Saturday, we invited another couple (Richard and Mary) over for breakfast. They came at 9am and left about 1:30pm. Another leisurely day of laughing, sharing testimony of God's healing, talking about our great church where we worship together, and just having an altogether good time.

I love to have people over for a meal where we can let our hair down and share the Lord together. Any meal is fun, but I especially enjoy breakfast. We had scrambled eggs, sausage, blueberry whole wheat pancakes, and blueberry coffee. Mmmm, good.

Here is the recipe for the whole wheat pancakes. They are great, and healthy. I enjoy making them, and they are easy, too. Everyone raves over them.

1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 egg
1 1/4 cups milk, plus a tad more if necessary
1/2 teaspoon salt (I use sea salt)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 cup blueberries (if frozen, no need to thaw)

Directions: Sift together flour and baking powder, set aside. Beat together the egg, milk, salt and brown sugar in a bowl. Stir in flour until just moistened. add blueberries, and stir to incorporate.

Preheat the griddle, or whatevery you use to make pancakes. Pour approximately 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan for each pancake. Cook until bubbly. Turn, and continue cooking until golden brown.

Note: you may need to use more milk than 1 1/4 cup. The batter should be thin enough so that it pours, but not so thin that it's runny. (I put just a slosh more in.)

And finally, I get frozen blueberries at Wal-Mart. The Great Value brand blueberries are huge -- much, much bigger than Dole brand.

No comments: