Thursday, February 07, 2008

What am I doing now?

Today, I am washing some clothes to get ready for a trip that is coming up.

But more importantly, I am working on my book, Victory Ground. Man! Research is a big part of it. I have finished the introduction (about 1.5 pages) which took about 5 days. I am about 1/3 of the way through the first chapter, I think. It is all very exciting! Reading my old sermons (over and over again) to glean from them, and checking Bible references and rechecking, and looking at Greek words, etc., is a lot of work. Fortunately, I am enjoying it very much. This is why I didn't want to write a book, unless God pushed me into it. It is a lot of work. But when you know that God wants it done, it has a great life of its own.

Oh, and I am getting an idea for a new mini-tract about fact versus truth. And I am digging into my SoundForge software, getting ready for a sound (obvious) project or two. This, too, is a nudge from the Lord. So He has me busy on a number of fronts.

We are also establishing a new association of independent churches and ministries. I am co-chair along with Conrad Barret, Judy is secretary. Starting next week, I will be going through the surrounding towns visiting with independent works to tell them about the association and invite them to join. This should be lots of fun.

And all that means, I need to quit this little task of blogging and get back to the bigger ones.

No comments: