Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Our Weekend

We had a great weekend overall. Early Friday morning we left for Dallas. Our grandson was being dedicated. Please see the pictures here: Stephanie's blog. We arrived in Dallas in time for the 10 am funeral of Mary Schweikhard. She was the church pianist at my church when I was in junior high and high school and college. She was an accomplished pianist, but more than that an accomplished Christian. I hadn't seen her in years, but I truly miss her greatly. She was an encouragement to me, and especially to my piano playing. I'll never forget her words of wisdom to me, "Gary, when you are playing for a service, YOU set the tempo and hold it! Most directors don't know how to do that." Well, it has really helped over the years. In the next few days, I will be posting some audio of her playing the piano.

We had a nice lunch and afternoon visit with my mother and my sister Donna. Then on to Jeff and Stephanie's by 5 pm. Judy was really tired and went to bed, so I got Brent and Caitlyn all to myself. No complaints there.

Saturday, Judy was well rested and we had a good time playing with our kiddies. Saturday evening, Jeff and Stephanie had a dinner to attend and we got to babysit. What fabulous fun! While I was watching TV, Caitlyn would periodically turn to me (she was sitting by me) and give me a huge hug and long kiss on the cheek.

Sunday we attended the 9:30 am service and saw little Brent dedicated. After lunch we headed by to Muskogee. In Sherman, TX., the pastor's wife called to say that Brother B wanted me to preach the evening service. We got there in time, and I was prepared. My, my! What a marvelous move of the Spirit. We...Had...Church!

Monday...exhausted, to say the least.

No comments: