Saturday, February 02, 2008

I had a 3-year-old once

My daughter Stephanie blogged today about her Caitlyn who just turned 3 last Tuesday. This brought back vibrant memories of my sweet little 3-year-old red head. Now where did she go. I remember her playing in the house with her dolls. She was good at playing school, too. All her chairs lined up filled with her dolls. She said, "Daddy, when I become a teacher, I know how I want my room set up." No more cuddling, I lost out to a better man. But it was a loss that is bitter sweet, because he is such a good man. I remember we used to talk about him even though we didn't know his name, or what he looked like. Well, anyway, I can always have my memories.

She wound up with that perfect man we talked about. I wasn't sure there was such a person, and I was prepared to console her. Whew! There was one perfect man left! She got her two-story house, the dog, and the boy and girl she always wanted. She teaches school and has her room all arranged, I know, her mom and I helped her.

She was sure of everything in life, had all her life decisions made at an early age. I said, "Stephanie, would you make me a promise? Would you save just one decision for when you grow up? Otherwise, life is going to be so boring!" With a little girl and boy to raise, I think she does have another decision to make, or two.

I love you, Stephanie. You are a good daughter, and I am so proud of you.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I hope my Caitlyn is as good for me as I was for you. HAHAHAHAHA! We all know I really hope she is better than I was. HEHEHEHE!

Love you dad