Wednesday, October 03, 2007

In some ways, the days are going by so slowly. I can't believe it has been almost a week (tomorrow) since I was officially through at the church. I can't believe that we have been our wonderful granddaughters for 3 days! And then, when I look to the future, I feel like I am rushing toward a brick wall -- the wall of no financial support, no job, no nothing. Each morning the devil seems to meet me with the promise that I am going under big time. But I always faithfully answer him that HE is the loser. And I quote David, "What time I am afraid, I will trust in You." Then I quote Isaiah, "I will trust and not be afraid." Then I speak to myself, "Thanks be unto God who ALWAYS causes me to triumph in Christ."

It has been such a joy to be with Kari and Jim and the girls. We have had such a great time! Yesterday we went to Lone Elk Park and actually saw 2 elk up close. Of course, we didn't get out of the car, nor did we get too close to the elk. It is the wild, and their territory, to be sure. The girls really enjoyed it.

Ava is such a pleasant girl. She seems to be pretty easy going, although she has definite ideas about things. She sings complete songs in other languages, ones we don't speak. Then she takes her bows. It is so cute. Olivia has definite ideas, too, but seems to be much more vocal about it. She is so determined to do everything by herself--which is good. But she is learning to vocalize with words instead of screams. She is such a lovely girl, full of songs, and funny sayings.

Oh! The joys of grandparenthood. I only wish all of my grandchildren lived closer to me. Like down the street or around the corner!!

No comments: