Monday, September 15, 2008

First Fire

Tonight was a special night. In July my girls bought me a fire pit for my birthday. I have been waiting for the first cool night to come along so I could use it. Today began with a 55-degree temp at 6:30 am., and although we had a beautiful, sunny day, the evening came in a little cool. Judy made BLT sandwiches for supper, and we ate out on the patio. So I made a first fire in the pit, and after supper we moved our chairs around and enjoyed the fire till it went out. It was a small fire because I wanted to season the fire pit, and we didn't want to spend too much time outside. But here are pictures of the event.



Another bonus of these pictures is the view of my mother. She has recovered so well from the effects of Parkinson's. Although she is taking medicine to control it, she had gotten down so weak, malnourished and dehydrated before they found the cause. She could hardly walk, wasn't able to get up by herself, and couldn't even turn over in bed. She is now eating well, walking well (with a cane for safety), even going up and down stairs without assistance. So nice! (Click on the picture and you will see a great smile on her face.) We are enjoying her living with us, and God is so gracious in providing everything we need for her care.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Looks like fun! Glad you are blogging again!