Friday, September 19, 2008

Brent

This picture, taken in July, is so out-of-date for Brent. He turned 1 year old on September 9th. He is walking now. But he is still happy as can be, easy going, tender, etc. He is the love of his mom and dad's life, along with their beautiful Caitlyn. Can you tell by the picture that his Mimi adores him and is so happy with him? Me, too!

In a very stressful and terrible time of my life, Brent was born. Shortly after his birth everything in my life blew up, and the pain and experience were excruciating. But just before the blow up, Brent came. So when I think of that time, I think of Brent; so happy, so charming, so warm and accepting. God always knows how to counterbalance and overcome the terrible things of life. This year, just before the first year anniversary of the most unthinkable period of my life ever, Brent turned one. So instead of the grief, I can rejoice in the goodness of God in the land of the living. He gave me this absolutely adorable grandson.

Happy birth month, Brent!

No comments: