Friday, December 07, 2007

Olivia's Sense of Humor


I am convinced that Olivia has a very subtle sense of humor. I first noticed it when her family was living with us here in Muskogee. Every evening after dinner, Jim, Kari, Olivia, Ava, Mimi and Papa would walk down the street to the little park that has two ponds. After swinging and watching the ducks, etc., Kari would announce that it was time to go home and get in the bathtub for a bath. One day as we drove by the park, Olivia said, "There's the bathtub!" Kari said, "No, that's the pond." Olivia would reply, "Bathtub." And on and on this would go. This happened often. And I finally decided that Olivia was really teasing us.

Last night, Mimi and I were talking to Kari, Olivia and Ava on the web cam. After a while, Mimi left to go fix supper in the kitchen. When the girls said goodbye to me, they then wanted to say goodbye to Mimi. So I called out to her, "Judy....Judy...Judy, the girls want to tell you goodbye." Mimi came in, said goodbye to them, then left. Olivia said, "Where's Judy?" Kari said, "MIMI left." Olivia said, "Oh...where's Judy?" Kari said, "MIMI is in the kitchen!." Olivia said, "Oh...where's Judy?" Kari said, "MIMI is in the kitchen fixing supper." Olivia said, "Oh...where's Judy?"

I am sure she was teasing with us, in a very subtle way. I am eager to see this develop more in the future. What a funny girl!

No comments: