Monday, December 10, 2007

The Icy Edge

I woke up a little on edge this morning. We had rain yesterday which has turned to ice today. Remembering last January's horrible ice storm, I was a little concerned that we might have another bout today. AND my neighbor lost a huge limb off her oak tree which stands just beside our driveway. The limb literally fell across our drive way, blocking our exit with the car. The city truck came around picking up limbs in the street, so I asked if they could take this limb. No they couldn't because it was on private property. I asked them about me dragging it to the street and them picking it up. They said they would on the next round about. So I decided that after breakfast I would drag it down the driveway.

While eating breakfast, I heard the sound of machinery outside. I went to our front porch to check, and our next-door neighbor had a friend out helping her cut up the limb (no way I could have drug it to the street) and piling it up for the city to come by and get it. Wow! God really takes care of us! And she didn't have to do that. I learned during the January ice storm that limbs and trees of neighbors that fall on your property become your property (that's the law). So she was very nice to come fetch the limb.

Anyway, it is 35 degrees here now and rising. Tonight is supposed to be 37 and tomorrow 52 degrees. Whew! We missed this ice storm, although Tulsa (just 35 minutes north) got hit with it -- electricity out, limbs and such down, etc.

No comments: