Sunday, May 13, 2007


What a glorious weekend I have had. On Thursday, my mother flew in to be with us for a few weeks. After I picked her up at the airport and headed back to Muskogee, my car engine blew. So after towing it and Judy picking us up, we started again for Muskogee. On the turnpike, a huge dog appeared out of nowhere and I hit it full force. So my other car now has a broken front bumper. In bed for the night (finally!!), I was laughing, genuinely laughing. I told Judy, "Hallelujah! I have the devil on the run and he doesn't like it." Turns out our drive train warranty is still good, so it is all paid for (except for the bumper replacement -- $250 deductible). But I don't care, because I know my heavenly Father is watching over me, and Satan is a defeated foe. Oh, how nice it would be, if we all would really believe that "all things work together for good to them that love the Lord and are called according to his purpose." Come on! Check up on your love for the Lord, double check that you are walking in the purpose he has for you. And live life! The devil can't stop you! And Jesus can help you! So get going, live life.

My daughter has been through enough tragedy, heartache, and struggles as anyone I know in such a short time. Yet she smiles, she loves, she encourages others, and she lives fully. If she can, I can. If she can, you can! "With God, all things are possible!!"

Oh, yeah! The great weekend. We had a fabulous men's breakfast on Saturday morning, with a truly awesome speaker. We have enjoyed a special loaner car from Toyota: an '07 Camry with less than 200 miles on it. We had a great Mother's Day, with fabulous music, and Judy's great sermon. And I am so happy to have my mother with me. Wow!! God is good!

1 comment:

Kari said...

What a great post! ITs funny with everything Ive gone through I certainly dont see it like you put it! I say "Another opportunity to trust God!" (At least I try to say that!)

I love you Dad!