Tuesday, May 08, 2007

It is a special thing to be able to look beyond yourself and see a bigger picture. That is what I am doing today in two areas of my life. My yard needs to be mowed, but the rain just keeps coming. Of course, I first note that it will be very hard to mow, when I am able to get to it. Then I think how wonderful the water is. The water tables are being returned to their normal state and drought conditions are gone...and I am saving on my water bill. The second thing I am forcing myself to look at in the bigger picture is my daughter's family's big move to St. Louis. They will be further away from us, and we have so enjoyed having them in our house and close by for the last year and a half. However, the bigger picture is that they get to be a family again with their own house, and Jim has a very good job...long time in coming and very much deserved. Definitely, the bigger picture is better. Let's all try to look at the bigger picture more, I believe the handiwork of God is so much easier to see then.

1 comment:

Kari said...

What a sweet post Dad! I love you!