Friday, April 09, 2010

Springtime notes

Hallelujah! It is spring! My favorite time of the year. So much is happening to bring life again to the earth. Our yard is beginning to fill with flowers, the grass is turning green, etc. My blueberry plants are putting out. I am happy about this because I wondered about their survival through the winter, but all three made it. My apple trees are in full bloom (could be a bumper year). My pear tree is absolutely loaded!! The above picture is the Texas Red Quince in my backyard. It is one of our first flowering bushes to show out. Judy's 4 baby dogwoods are doing well, and one of them is actually blooming this year - a pink one, with 5 blooms! Our baby red bud is blooming for the first time. And after 5 years of waiting, our Kiwi vines are going to give out fruit. Wow! It is so exciting!

Here are some of my babies off to school. Olivia and Ava are with us at present. So they are enrolled in Muskogee schools. It is so much fun to get them ready and drop them off at school. They are so delightful, no real problems, always so cheery. They love to do everything for themselves, so they are no trouble at all. We enjoy Kari, their mother, having an extended stay with us, too.

Now who is this young group of men? Well, the skinny guy at the piano is yours truly. Hmmm.... Yep, after 40 years, the bass singer contacted me and sent me this picture along with about 5 of our songs that we recorded in our college days. When I learn how, I will post a few of our quartet songs. Really they are pretty good for kids (you can kinda hear the piano in the background). To name the guys, they are from left to right, Jim, CK, Dan, and Rick. Of course, in my mind they are all young still. My hair is thin and white, and I am not so thin anymore. Still have the serious face. And after 40 years, even I think my piano abilities have improved.

No comments: