Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring is just around the corner!

Well, as much as I enjoyed winter and all the snows, I am now ready for spring. Just a few warm days in succession can do that. We have had jonquils blooming since February (the only ones in our neighborhood). And yesterday, a friend brought me some red canna bulbs for planting. We have had yellow ones for many years, but I always thought it would look so nice to have red ones interspersed with the yellow. So Saturday, I will be planting cannas.

Judy has been cleaning up her gardens/flower beds for spring. And they look so nice and clean. It just does a body good to get out and do some spring maintenance. Our grass is greening, the fruit trees will soon explode with blossoms, the rose bushes are pushing out new leaves, the dogwoods are showing the beginnings of flower buds. It is just glorious all around.

Thank you, God, for spring!

No comments: