Friday, May 09, 2008

Happy Mother's Day Weekend

Here are some great mothers that I want to honor with my blog. I am blessed to be surrounded by such great ones, too. There is much I can say about them, but just look at their pictures and think of any and all great compliments you could give someone and they will certainly apply to these 5 great mothers. (Again, click on any picture to enlarge it.)

Here are my daughters with their mother (my wife). Kari, Judy and Stephanie. Also, 3 of my 5 grandchildren, Olivia, Ava and Caitlyn. Dylan and Brent were absent, the first was in the heaven, the last is yet unborn (guess he was in heaven, too).

My mother, Ophelia, Christmas of '06. She is still perking along, and is quite perky. Can you imagine having 2 boys 14 months apart in the late 1940's with none of the modern helps the mothers have today!? (Yes, Kari can, but she has disposable diapers, car seats, prepared meals in jars, etc.)

And my mother-in-law, Pat. Not enough room to tell all she means to me. Can you imagine inheriting a family of 6 girls, 2 sons-in-law, and 1 grandchild at the age of 32? And the family is still growing, 61 at this count. Talk about overwhelming!

If it weren't for the women of the world, there would be no world. If it weren't for the women of the church, there would be no church. Praise your mothers with abandon this weekend.

No comments: