Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I have been re-reading Exodus with a view to teaching on Wed. nights through the book. I am constantly moved by the difference between law and grace - I should say vast difference. Seems to me that the law dealt with the sinner, whereas grace deals with the sin. In the Old Testament, the sinner was blotted out of the book, in the New Testament our sins are blotted out. It is just too really awesome that I have been born into the New Testament era. I can't comprehend those who want to try to live by the law, keep the commandments, honor the diet, etc. of the Old Testament. Why do some want to glorify the things of the old worship, instead of rejoicing in the spirit of the new worship. We still want icons and pictures and things to hold and creeds to say. But we get to come to God by a new and living way. It just causes the old to pale, unless trappings and things are more important.

No comments: